^ Scroll to Top

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

consumed

I feel like I am sinking.
suffocating.
I can barely breathe.

God has been really turning up the heat and
demanding more of my heart.
it's what I wanted, what I asked for
but the things of the past won't let me go so easily.

so much ugliness pain darkness evil filth
sin
is being thrown in my face
things I once did
things I want to do

sin really is a seduction.
sometimes I feel as though I were formed in the very pit of hell.

but God keeps speaking His amazing grace
that I was made in His image
and Jesus' blood really is enough.
to stop the devil from robbing me
over and over.

so I am learning to stand and to fight
and not accept these things as
the the dictating tune of my life anymore

I feel like I am dying..
almost physically.
but perhaps that is the right way
for me to die so that I can live in truth.

God is establishing truth and it's hard
because I've believed lies for so very long!
The amazing thing about Grace... is Grace.

I feel so heavy, but God is still God
and He still deserves everything I am
and everything I have
to be worshipped in spirit and truth,
no matter how I feel or what I see
He is truth and He never changes.

as Cynthia says,
feed yourself on the Word of God
or you'll feed off the lies of the devil

but I won't let go.
and He won't let me go.

'..what can I do with my obsession
with the things I cannot see
there's a madness in my being
it's the wind that blows the trees

sometimes You're further than the moon
sometimes You're closer than my skin
You surround me like a winter fog
You come and burn me with a kiss

..and my heart burns for You..

and oh forever
keep me burning
with the fire of Your Love..'



0 comments: